Bacon Avocado Green Salad
Fresh and light with a crunch
- 12 Slices GODSHALL’S Turkey, Beef, or Chicken Bacon, diced to 1”
- 4 Slices Hearty Wheat or Whole Grain Bread, toasted lightly & cubed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Adobo Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Capers
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion- thin sliced & separated
- 12 Cups Arugula, Baby Spinach and any other field greens you enjoy
- 1 Avocado, seeded, peeled seeded and sliced very thin
- 4 Medium Tomatoes, cored and diced (or 8 Grape Tomatoes, halved)
- Vinaigrette Dressing to taste
- Fry Diced Godshall’s Bacon in a large skillet until browned at edges. Remove to cool.
- Keeping brown bits in skillet, heat olive oil and Adobo and add bread cubes.
- Evenly brown croutons, tossing frequently. Remove and cool.
- Combine and gently toss vegetables, add bacon and croutons, sprinkle with dressing. (You can be sparing with dressing as the croutons and bacon pack a flavor punch!)