Bacon Brie and Berry Pots
Fresh, light and brimming with flavor
- 6 Slices of GODSHALL’S Real Wood Smoked Turkey Bacon
- 6 Puff Pastry Cups (Thawed)
- 1 Medium Egg (to glaze the pastry shells)
- 1 (8-ounce) Wheel or Wedge of Brie
- 1 Cup Raspberries or Wineberries (Mashed)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 355ºF.
- Beat the egg thoroughly and brush onto the six puff pastries. Bake until pastries begin to brown. 5-8 minutes.
- Lightly brown the bacon, leaving the rest of cooking to the oven. Remove and cut or gently tear slices in half.
- In a pot set over medium heat, cook the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cut brie into six equal portions.
- Remove puff pastry cups from the oven and remove the center disc.
- Place two half slices of bacon perpendicular (form an X) and insert a piece of brie into each pastry.
- Bake for an additional five minutes or until the brie is melted and the bacon is crispy. Serve warm with a spoonful of berry compote on top.