Bacon Chive Popovers
- 6 Slices GODSHALL’s Turkey of Chicken Bacon (Diced)
- 4 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Chives (Chopped Very Fine)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Dash of Chili or Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Packet of Fast Rising Yeast
- 2 Cups of Warm Milk
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk warm milk, sugar and yeast together in a large bowl and allow to sit 5 minutes
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, salt, chives, peppers, slowly whisk in the warm milk, and then the flour. whisk until smooth. Add
- 2/3 of the cheese and all of the bacon.
- Allow to sit covered for 15 minutes.
- Pour batter into popover cups and place in popover pan, fill about 1/3 to top of cup. top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.