Bacon Shrimp Grits New Orleans
Tasty Comfort Food for the Winter that Just Won’t Leave!
- 12 slices GODSHALL’S Real Wood Smoked Turkey Bacon
- 1/2 lb Raw Shrimp (Shelled and Deveined)
- 2 Cups Whole Milk + 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 Cup Quick Grits
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 3 oz Goat Cheese
- 8 oz White Cheddar
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced Fine (about 1 Tablespoon)
- 1 Tablespoon Onion (Minced Fine)
- 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper (Minced Fine)
- 1 Well Rounded Teaspoon Adobo
- 2 Tablespoons New Orleans Seasoning (powder or sauce)
- Lightly brown diced bacon in pan. Remove bacon while leaving browned bits and residue in pan.
- Melt butter
- Add onions, garlic and pepper. Stir till softened.
- Add heavy cream and New Orleans Seasoning then simmer.
- Add shrimp and remove from heat then cover.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring milk to a boil
- Add grits and return to boil then reduce to medium simmer (Stir often).
- As grits become creamy add goat cheese and adobo stirring often.
- Pour remaining milk into bottom of casserole dish.
- Pour in grits and stir in half of cheddar.
- Swirl in shrimp and bacon sauce mixture.
- Top with bacon and remaining cheddar cheese
- Cover with lid or foil and bake. (approx. 20 minutes)
- Uncover and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden on top
- Remove and ENJOY!