Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
Classic Dish with a Zesty Kick!
- 1/2 Cup GODSHALL’S Smoky CRUMBLZ or 8 Slices Turkey Bacon (Browned and Diced Fine)
- 3/4 lb Macaroni
- 3/4 Cup Hot Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons Butter (Unsalted)
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken (Cooked, Shredded)
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 4 Cups Milk (Heated to a Simmer)
- Salt (Kosher Salt)
- Black Pepper (Freshly Ground )
- 12 oz White Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese (Grated)
- 3 Stalks Celery (Sliced Thin)
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- 1/3 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add kosher salt and macaroni. Cook about half as long as the box suggests. Drain and set aside.
- In a small pan, heat the hot sauce and 2 tablespoons of butter. Save 1/4 cup of the buffalo sauce and set aside.
- Add the remaining sauce to the chicken and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Over medium high heat, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Then add the flour and whisk until smooth. Cook for a couple minutes but do not brown.
- Add the hot milk and cook for approx. 6-7 minutes on medium heat until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses. Mix Well.
- Add the pasta and stir.
- Fold in the celery and shredded chicken. Pour the pasta mix into a baking dish. Drizzle 1/2 of the reserved buffalo sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of the panko, garlic and blue cheese. Add the remaining buffalo sauce. Pour the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Add the remaining panko crumbs and oil. Mix Well.
- Distribute the mixture over the pasta.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes.