Candied Bacon Sugar Cookies
Easy-to-make and Better with Bacon!
- GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon (Candied and Crumbled)
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Almond or Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a pan with heavy duty foil. Coat the slices of bacon with brown sugar and bake for approx. 10 minutes on each side.
- Allow bacon to cool. Then, crumble the candied bacon. Set some aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar until fluffy. Then mix in the egg and extract.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Combine the two bowls and mix well.
- Roll the dough on parchment paper and top with another layer of parchment paper. Refrigerate for approx. 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour onto your clean work surface and roll out dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut out circles from the rolled dough using a round cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet and press the candied bacon into the center of the cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approx. for 8-12 minutes.