Candied Bacon Cannolis
“Leave the gun, take the cannolis”
- 8 Slices of GODSHALL’S Turkey, Chicken or Beef Bacon (diced very fine)
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 16 oz Ricotta Cheese
- ¾ Cup of Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Fine Grated Orange Zest
- 6 Cannoli Shells
- Pastry bag
- Scatter diced Godshall’s Bacon in a large skillet.
- As bacon begins to crisp at edges, stir in brown sugar.
- When brown sugar begins to bubble and melt, remove from pan onto parchment paper and allow to cool. When it becomes hard again, break up clumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Combine Ricotta and sugar, folding until well blended. Add and stir in vanilla.
- Blend in nutmeg, orange zest and all but 3 tablespoons of candied bacon. (make sure the clumps of bacon are broken up or you will find that it clogs the bag tip)
- Spoon filling into pastry bag.
- Fill shells immediately prior to serving.
- Sprinkle exposed ends of filling with candied bacon and serve!