Chocolate Caramel Turkey Bacon Roses
Perfect for Mother’s Day
- 2 Packages of GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon
- 12 Square Caramels Cut in Half
- 8 oz. or Larger Container of Dipping Chocolate
- Dozen Silk Stems (Available from Local Craft Store)
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees
- Lay strips of bacon on cutting board and with very sharp knives, cut series of at least four half circles along the top edge; these will be the flower petals.
- Place half caramel square on top half of the far right petal.
- Roll up the bacon strip around the caramel in a slightly conical wrap.
- When completely rolled hold the arrangement together with two toothpicks inserted at 12 and 6 o’clock and 9 and 3 o’clock.
- Pinch bottom to keep best conical bud shape
- Place on a sprayed cookie sheet bud base down, if they tilt over the perpendicular toothpicks should keep them angled but upright
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes and remove as edges begin to splay out and crisp.
- While bacon buds heat, take silk petals off of silk stems and brace stems of bunch upright
- When bacon is ready, remove and microwave chocolate dip (or use double boiler method from chocolate bacon strip recipe)
- Dip base of each bud into chocolate dip and then carefully place onto bud stems forcing wire up 1/2 inch into bud.
- Hold in place until chocolate cools enough for chocolate and caramel to act a glue for bacon bud to stem.
- Roses can be refrigerated for a few hours.