Turkey Bacon Skewers
12 Bamboo Skewers
1 Package Godshall’s Turkey bacon
1 Cup 65% or greater Dark Chocolate chips
7 oz. (aprox. Half bag) of Caramel cubes
1 teaspoon Sea Salt (optional)
1. Soak bamboo skewers 2 hours in advance.
2. Set up double boiler and set heat under water to med-high.
3. Preheat oven to 350
4. Fry Godshall’s Turkey Bacon until just beginning to brown
5. Add half the chocolate to inner pot of double boiler- stir frequently
6. Fold bacon in 1 1/4 sections, zig-zagging until holding a short stack
7. Pierce through center with skewer and space open to broad zig-zagging slice
8. Place bacon skewers on their narrow side on a cookie tray and place in preheated oven for 10 minutes; remove to cool.
9. Add remainder of chocolate chips, if melted consistency is not like very heavy cream, add a heaping tablespoon of butter.
10. Melt caramels in glass bowl in microwave- do not allow to boil over or scald.
11. Remove melted caramels, using honey dripper or additional skewers, swirl, spatter or zig-zag ribbons of caramel onto bacon.
12. Remove melted Chocolate and decorate with it in the same way, filling areas not covered by caramel.
13. Serve warm of within a few hours.