Ham, Cheese & Bacon Popovers
Easy-to-make with Leftovers!
- 1/4 Cup GODSHALL’S Smoky CRUMBLZ
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Butter and Flour (Mix to Paste)
- 5 oz Potatoes (Cubed)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 oz Ham or Turkey (Chopped)
- 3 oz Cheese – Your Choice (Chopped, Shredded or Grated)
- 18 0z Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- In a small pot, simmer the milk. Whisk the butter and flour paste into the simmering milk. Boil and whisk for approx. 4 minutes.
- Fry the potatoes in the oil for approx. 4 mins.
- Place the ham, cheese and potatoes into a mixing bowl and add the sauce.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a flat floured surface and cut out approx. 7 inch circles. Brush the edges with the beaten egg wash.
- Spoon the mix into the center of the circle, then fold the edges. Brush the popover with the remaining egg wash and refrigerate for approx. 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the popovers on a baking sheet and bake for approx. 35 minutes or until golden brown.