Traditional Dish Served A Bacon Twist
- 8 Slices GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon (Lightly Browned and Diced Fine)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn Kernels (Ground)
- 1 Cup Finely Ground Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Additional Mozzarella (Shredded)
- Cook GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon until lightly browned and dice.
- Using a food processor, grind the corn kernels.
- Combine the corn, cornmeal, salt, sugar, flour and shredded mozzarella in a bowl. (Mix Well)
- Bring the milk and water to a boil then add the butter.
- Add the hot milk mixture to the bowl and stir until it becomes a thick pancake batter.
- Using cooking spray or butter, heat a frying pan or griddle to medium.
- Place the batter on to the pan or griddle to form (approx. 3 inch) round pancakes. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Immediately place the desired amount of shredded mozzarella and diced turkey bacon on top of one pancake and then top with another to form a sandwich. Heat on low until the cheese melts, flip often.