- 6 Slices GODSHALL'S Turkey Bacon (Lightly Browned and Diced Fine)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow onion (Diced)
- Salt (For Taste)
- 2 Tablespoon Butter (Unsalted)
- 3 Apples (Cored and Sliced No More Than 1/2 Inch Thick)
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 oz Gruyère Cheese (Grated)
- 2 Tablespoon Chives
- 1 Frozen or Fresh Pie Crust
- 1 Egg (Beaten with 1 Tablespoon Water)
- 1 Medium Tart Pan
- Cook GODSHALL'S Turkey Bacon to package instructions.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat olive oil and onions and season with salt until the onions are caramelized. Approx. 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in the fry pan over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir to coat the apples. Approx. 3-5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the onions and stir in the cheese and chives. Season with more salt to taste. Set aside. Note: Be carful not to break slices.
- Push down crust dough into tart pan. Pour half of the sugar/butter onion mixture in bottom and spread evenly. Larger apple slices as shown, outer edge first, then center.
- Pour remaining mixture and sprinkle with gruyère cheese shreds.
- Paint exposed crust with egg mixture.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Serve at room temperature and ENJOY!