Bacon Blush Vodka Sauce
Taste of Italy with BACON!
- 6 Slices GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon or Chicken Bacon (Lightly Browned, Diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Large, Chopped Fine)
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts (Toasted)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan or Romano Cheese (Grated Fine)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Red Pepper (Crushed)1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Can Whole Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 2/3 Cup Fresh Basil (Sliced Thin)
- Brown 6 slices of Godshall’s real wood smoked turkey bacon. Diced fine in a sauce pan.
- Remove bacon but leave brown bits an residue from bacon for flavor.
- Add butter, then garlic and pine nuts then white wine.
- Add whole tomatoes and tomato paste. Break apart tomatoes with a fork or whisk.
- Add 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cheese, stir until chunky-smooth. Then add cream.
- Stir regularly over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, reduce liquidity of sauce.
- Stir in diced bacon and serve over your choice of pasta.
- Add more bacon to garnish.