Bacon Caramel Corn
Sweet, Salty and Smokey, Need We Say More..
- 6 Slices GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon
- 5 Cups Plain Popped Popcorn
- 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoon Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Pecans
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in a skillet. Once cool, dice the bacon into pieces.
- Place the bacon, popcorn, and crushed pecans into a bowl and mix them together.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the dark brown sugar, butter, and dark corn syrup and stir them together over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then add the baking soda, and stir. (Watch for the sugar mixture to foam up, be careful during this step.)
- Pour the foamy sugar over the popcorn mixture in the bowl and stir everything together, making sure the popcorn, pecans, and bacon are coated with caramel.