Bacon Hush Puppies
Perfect with Seafood or as a Snack
- 5 slices Godshall’s turkey bacon diced and browned
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 chopped scallions.
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Whisk dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add buttermilk and milk then egg. Blend until smooth
- Add scallions and diced bacon.
- Deep-fry tablespoonfuls of the batter in 350 degrees F vegetable oil
- Turn after 2 minutes or golden, then remove after 2 more
- Serve with hot sauce, tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, or sweet chili sauce.