Bacon Pecan Turtles
Delicious for Mom, Easy-to-make for the Whole Family
- 8 oz. Pecan Halves
- 8 oz. GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon
- 8 oz. Soft Caramel
- 12 oz. Chocolate Drops and Disks (Dark or Milk)
- 2 Tbsp Cream (Optional: used to soften caramel)
- Dice and lightly brown 8 slices of GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon.
- Place clusters of five pecans on parchment paper Try to make the largest the head and then four smaller legs. There will be a small opening in the center.
- Melt the unwrapped caramels in the microwave for one minute. Open to stir every 20 seconds and remove early if melted before one minute- do not allow to “boil over”. If the caramel seems too stiff add up to 2 tbsp of cream or half and half.
- Spoon a scant tablespoon of melted caramel onto the center of each cluster.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the diced bacon into the caramel and gently press in. Melt chocolate in a double broiler or candy melter.
- Using a Tablespoon, drop dollops of melted chocolate over the center of each pecan cluster spread gently to cover most of the caramel.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set chocolate and caramel. These can be preserved up to four days in the refrigerator.