Bacon Portobello Stuffing
- 1 loaf of challah – Tear into bite size pieces
- 1 pack of GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon – cut into small pieces
- 2 Cups of mushrooms diced
- 1 stick of butter
- 1T garlic diced up small
- 1 Large onion diced
- 10 Stalks of celery diced
- 1 T Poultry seasoning
- 1T Salt
- 1T Pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ C – 1C Milk
- In a large skillet melt the butter and sauté the celery for a few minutes add onions and cook until translucent, add mushrooms cook another 3-5min.
- Add garlic until toasted remove from heat.
- While cooking the above tear the bread and place in a separate bowl with Poultry Seasoning, Salt, Pepper.
- Once the separate bowl is ready pour the cooked veggie mixture overtop of the bread and add the bacon. Pour the milk into the pan the veggies were in and let heat slowly, add eggs and mix up the bread.
- Once somewhat mixed, slosh around the milk to get all the flavor out of the pan and pour half over the mixture, mix thoroughly adding the rest of the milk as needed, milk does not have to be hot.
- Once consistency is correct (that of a tough bread pudding) place in a well grease pan (can use butter) and bake at 350 degrees F until top is golden brown (approx. 20-30minutes). If you feel it is underdone and needs more time cover in tin foil poke tiny holes for more moisture to escape and test when done.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Watch the instructional video with Chef Samantha Cureton