Bacon Scallion Pancakes
- 2-3 Cups GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon (Diced)
- 2 Cups Flour (Reserve some for Dusting)
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Scallions (Thin Sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil
- Put turkey bacon, scallions, garlic powder, salt, and flour in food processor. Turn on, slowly drizzle in about 3/4 of boiling water. Process for 15 seconds. If you have trouble, or it’s not coming together drizzle in more water a little at a time until it just comes together. Move to a floured work surface and knead a few times to form a smooth ball. Transfer to a bowl, cover with a damp towel in the fridge overnight or plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide dough into even pieces and roll each into a smooth ball. Working one ball at a time, roll out into a disk roughly 8-inches in diameter on a lightly floured surface. Using a pastry brush, paint a very thin layer of sesame oil over the top of the disk. Place in a hot pan to brown. Once in pan brush the other side with sesame oil. Cook about 2-3minutes on medium heat on both sides or until brown.
- Cut into triangles or leave round and serve. In this video we served it with some soy sauce but you can use any sauce of your choosing.
Watch the instructional video with Chef Samantha Cureton