Bacon Shrimp Gumbo
Spicy Southern Cajun Style
- 1 Cup GODSHALL’S BBQ CRUMBLZ or Turkey Bacon (Browned and Diced)
- 30 Shrimp
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoon Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Crushed Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Bay Leaves
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded Kale
- 1 Cup Quinoa (Cooked)
- If using raw turkey bacon, cook until lightly browned and dice.
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Next, create the roux by whisking the olive oil and flour over medium heat.
- Continue mixing for approx. 20 minutes until dark caramel color.
- Add the vegetables and sauté.
- Add the stock and spices. Continue to cook.
- Lower the heat and add in the shrimp. Continue cooking for approx. 10 minutes.
- Add in the shredded kale.
- Remove from heat and serve with quinoa.