Bacon Sourdough Cranberry Stuffing
- 1 large sourdough boule, cut or torn into cubes, dried or toasted
- 6 tbsp. butter, divided, plus more for baking dish
- 8 slices GODSHALL'S Real Wood Smoked Turkey Bacon - lightly browned and diced
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup. dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 2 stalks celery cut to no more than ¼ thick
- 1 egg whisked
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tbsp. freshly chopped sage
- 1/2 tbsp. freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 c. low-sodium vegetable (or chicken) broth
- Tear or cut bread into cubes and leave out a day to dry OUT. (for an even better stuffing, place bread on baking sheets and bake at 300º for 10 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 350º and non-stick spray a large baking dish. In a large skillet pan, over medium heat, brown the Turkey Bacon, remove, and in same pan, melt butter. Add onion, celery, and apple and cook until soft onions begin to brown over translucence. Stir in parsley, sage, thyme, and rosemary and cook the kitchen smells amazing. Sparingly add salt and pepper. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons butter and parsley.
- Place bread cherries and cranberries in a large bowl and add onion mixture and chicken broth and egg.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake about 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake until the bread is golden. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve and ENJOY!