Bacon Tuscan Soup
Taste of Italy… with Bacon
- 4-6 Strips of GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Onions (Diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Herbs
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Ingredients to add:
- 7 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 Golden Potatoes (Peeled and Sliced)
- 2 Cups Cream
- 1 Bunch Kale Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Parsley
- Using a pan, cook the Italian sausage in oil over medium heat.
- Strain the sausage in a sieve, then rinse with water. Set aside.
- Cook the GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon in the same pan until lightly brown, tear apart or dice. If possible, save 2 Tablespoons of turkey bacon drippings. Set aside.
- In a large cooking pot over medium heat, add the bacon drippings, onions, garlic, flour,Italian herbs and red pepper flakes.
- Increase heat to high and add broth and potatoes.
- Boil the soup until potatoes are tender. approx. 10 minutes.
- Mix in the meat, cream and kale leaves.
- Turn off the burner and throw in the parsley.
- Cool to desired temperature and ENJOY!