Bacon Wrapped Red Wine Pears
- 1 Pack GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon
- 1 Bottle Red Wine
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Bosc Pears (Peeled)
- 1 Wedge of Brie Cheese
- Mix together cloves, cinnamon, wine, and sugar in a pot. Bring to a simmer and stir to ensure sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer the pears in wine for about 20 minutes. (Simmer longer if desired, the longer they are simmered the more wine they’ll absorb.)
- Pour into a bowl, cover with saran wrap and let chill until completely cooled or overnight.
- Once chilled slice the pears (removing the core and stem).
- Cut the brie to equal sized pieces.
- Using a half or full piece of bacon (whatever you prefer), wrap the brie and pears in the bacon.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet pan, seem of bacon down and bake at 350 Degrees F for approx. 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with a toothpick and ENJOY!
Watch the instructional video with Chef Samantha Cureton