Bacon Zucchini Walnut Pesto
- 6 Strips GODSHALL'S Turkey Bacon (Chopped)
- 1 -2 Zucchinis (Cut or Spiralized into Noodles) or 6-8oz Zucchini Noodles
- 4 Cups Arugula
- 1/2 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts (Toasted)
- Salt (To Taste)
- Pepper (To Taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (1/2 Cup Pesto, Rest for cooking with some to garnish)
- Toast walnuts at 350 Degrees F for 5-10 minutes (don’t burn em).
- Boil water with a little salt to cook the noodles, if the noodles are thin do not boil, just cook in a saute pan or they will lose their structure, if they are thick boil them for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the arugula, garlic, parsley, walnuts, nutmeg, salt, pepper, ½ cup parmesan, into a blender or food processor, pulse and add olive oil until smooth.
- Heat a saute pan, put in some turkey bacon to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pesto and noodles. Toss until noodles are coated.
- Remove from pan, serve and garnish with parmesan.
Watch the instructional video with Chef Samantha Cureton