Chicken Bacon Croquettes
Leftovers Never Tasted So Elegant
- 8 Slices GODSHALL’S Turkey or Chicken Bacon (Diced and Lightly Browned)
- 3 Scallions (Diced Extra Fine)
- 4 Tablespoons Red Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (Well Rounded, Minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 lb Ground Chicken (Leftovers Cooked and Ground Work Best)
- 2 Cups Mashed Potatoes (Leftovers Again are Perfect)
- 2 Cups Grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Adobo
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- Additional cup of Breadcrumbs
- 2 Cups Vegetable Oil
- Preheat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or covered skillet.
- Place butter into medium skillet and melt. Soften scallions, peppers and garlic in butter over medium high heat.
- Combine chicken, diced bacon, mashed potatoes, cheese, breadcrumbs and adobo seasoning. Blend.
- Add butter, scallion, pepper, garlic mix and fold until well blended.
- Form into “cigar” shapes about three inches long and 3/4 inch thick.
- Roll into egg and then roll in breadcrumbs until coated.
- Place in fryer until golden brown.
- Serve alone or with a hollandaise or swiss cheese sauce.