Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bacon Nests
Bacon is For Lovers!
- Clean the strawberries in cool water
- Dry them well with a paper-towel
- Weave the bacon together and bake in between parchment with a sheet pan on top to make it flat
- Bake at 350 about 10-15 minutes until crispy – this may range depending on how thick the bacon is and how crunchy your valentine loves their bacon. Once slightly cooled cut into squares.
- Heat your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl 30 seconds at a time to melt. If it gets very hot add chips and stir continuously.
- Once chocolate is ready stick the strawberry on your skewer and dip into the chocolate. Use a repetitive motion to get excess chocolate off and use fork to get it off the skewer onto a bacon square
- This is where it can go on top of a bacon square
- Top it with more bacon and ENJOY!
Watch the instructional video with Chef Samantha Cureton