Coconut Crab Bacon Fritters
The Perfect Mix of Crab and CRUMBLZ
- 3/4 Cup GODSHALL’S Chili Lime CRUMBLZ or 6 Slices GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon (Lightly Browned and Diced)
- 2 Cups Shredded Sweet Coconut
- 6 oz Fresh or Canned Crabmeat
- 3/4 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Basil (Chopped Fine)
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cornmeal
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (For Frying)
- Sea Salt (For Taste)
- Combine crabmeat, cheddar, basil, flour, cornmeal, coconut, egg and black pepper into a bowl and fold until well mixed.
- Set paper towels out for draining.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan or in a fryer at medium heat, bringing to simmering.
- Add the fritter mixture 1 heaping tablespoon at a time to the pan and fry until golden brown on one side.
- Gently flip the fritter over with a metal and give patting to flatten a little bit, and then fry until the other side becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Allow fritters to drain on the paper towels and then add salt to taste.