Coconut Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jumbo Shrimp
A tropical vacation on your grill
- 1 package (12oz.) of Godshall’s Real Wood Smoked Turkey Bacon
- 12 Jumbo or tiger shrimp, deveined with tails on.
- 1 lime
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Handful of fresh mint on the stem.
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a small saucepan warm 1 can of coconut milk.
- Add mint and allow to simmer and reduce, stirring often. Try to leave stems above liquid so they can be conveniently removed later.
- About 15 minutes on low- do not boil or scald.
- Remove mint and add salt and juice of lime.
- Wrap bacon around raw shrimp with shell removed (leaving on tail)
- Wrap in a spiral, covering as much shrimp as possible.
- Grill until bacon is toasted and edges nicely crisp
- Remove skewer and drizzle with coconut lime sauce. Keep a small bowl handy as dipping may be a favored option!