Food Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA) Director
General Description:The FSQA Director is part of the corporate management team responsible for providing strategic leadership, guidance, and risk management for all corporate food safety and quality programs. This team member will oversee all corporate food safety and quality assurance programs, systems, personnel, activities, and operations.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Provide strategic leadership, guidance, and risk management for corporate food safety and quality programs and systems to include, but not limited to, HACCP, Preventative Controls, SQF or other BRC-related program, and customer or 3rd party audit-driven requirements and policies.
- Responsible for proper compliance and accuracy in the development, revision, and management of all SQF, other BRC-related plans, quality programs, supporting programs, and documentation.
- Provide scientific expertise and serve as a subject matter expert for programs and activities related to food safety/microbiology, regulations, and quality systems.
- Lead, supervise, and manage FSQA management and direct-reporting personnel, ensuring continuing professional development, training, and overall employee well-being.
- Provide technical support to corporate executive leadership, sales, marketing and R&D teams as needed.
- Provide oversight and technical support for import/export sales and compliance.
- Manage departmental budgets, track departmental expenditure, and ensure compliance with corporate budgeting policies, working closely with the corporate Chief Financial Officer.
- Graduate Degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Biological Sciences, or closely related disciplines, preferred. Commensurate education and experience will be evaluated and may be acceptable if lacking the degree requirements.
- HACCP Certified and Completed FDA Preventative Controls Training
- Completed formal SQF training, other BRC program training may be considered for meeting this requirement.
- 3+ years working in a food manufacturing technical or senior management role, preferably in the meat and/or poultry processing industry, with specific experience managing HACCP and SQF programs. Commensurate time in an educational program will be considered to meet this requirement.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience developing and managing HACCP, Preventative Controls, GMP, SSOP, SQF and/or other BRC and customer-driven quality and food safety requirements and programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of USDA-FSIS regulations and requirements for meat and poultry processing.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated success managing and or supervising multi-disciplinary teams and programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of statistical process controls.
- Strong public speaking skills.