Goat Cheese and Bacon Mashed Potatoes
The Perfect Holiday Side Dish
- 8 Slices GODSHALL’S Real Wood Smoked Turkey Bacon (Diced Fine)
- 4 lbs Large Baking Potatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper (Freshly Ground)
- 8 oz Goat Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Half-and-Half
- ½ Cup Milk
- Using a melon baller or sharp new ice cream scoop, remove the “meat” from 4 pounds of halved longwise potatoes, save the hollowed out skins.
- Place potato “meat” into a medium pot and almost cover with milk and half and half over medium heat for 20-25 minutes until softened.
- Dice and lightly brown Godshall’s Bacon.
- Brush skins with vegetable oil and salt or spray with butter flavor non-stick spray- place in broiler on LOW for 5 minutes or until lightly browned inside.
- Add butter
- Mash potatoes or whip in food processor
- Add goat cheese
- Continue to blend
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and bacon
- Blend and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Scoop mashed potato mixture into shells or fill with pastry bag.
- Bake filled potatoes at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until top becomes golden.
- Garnish with more bacon or sprinkle of chives.