Goat with Honey Fig Bacon Cheese Ball
Bold and Tangy Sweet!
- 8 Slices Godshall’s Real Wood Smoked Turkey Bacon (Lightly Browned and Diced Fine.
- 8 oz. Unflavored Goat Cheese
- 16 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Fig Jam or 3 Figs Rendered to Paste in Food Processor
- 3 Tablespoons Amber Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Walnut Pieces
- Dice bacon and fry in skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar then vanilla then cinnamon and stir while lightly browning. Remove and reserve.
- Place cream cheese into pot over low medium heat until soft melted
- Add Chunks of Goat Cheese slowly as you blend continuously.
- Stir in fig paste, then honey and finally, candied bacon
- Remove from heat and transfer to metal bowl.
- Chill until firm.
- For individual balls, scoop with ice cream scoop and pack firmly with walnuts.
- Large balls can be hand formed and then rolled firmly in walnut pieces
- Enjoy with unsalted crisps, apple wedges, pear slices or vanilla wafers.