Taste of the Islands
- ½ small red onion, diced fine
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon coconut sugar (raw sugar will do)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 11/2 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, very thinly sliced, seeds removed if desired
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup diced red cabbage
- ¼ cup GODSHALL'S Chili Lime Bacon CRUMBLZ
- 8 warm soft tortillas
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Heat a stove-top grill to med-high or preheat oven broiler.
- Combine Lime Juice, sugar and salt.
- Toss pineapple and a half tablespoon of the olive oil and place chunks on grill or in broiler until the pineapple toasts at the edges. Remove and set aside.
- Combine shrimp, Sriracha, salt, pepper and ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Grill shrimp or broil each side about two minutes, turning to even.
- Combine shrimp, pineapple, lime juice mix, onion and bacon crumblz.
- Add cilantro, avocado and cabbage slices.
- Serve onto warm soft tacos