Food Scientist -1st shift
Food Scientist / Technologist,
Food Scientist position in the Godshall’s R&D team, expected to have planning and executing projects and Process at R&D department to support the company’s innovation process, manufacturing, Shelf life extension and product maintenance initiatives. Food Scientist will be directly reporting to Food science director.
• B.S. in food science, related field.
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment safely.
• Successful Completion of a drug and background screen.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work in various temperatures (office/lab/production).
• Ability to legally work in the United States is required.
• Thrive in a fast paced and dynamic working environment.
• Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize activities in order to meet business critical time lines.
• Ability to carry out duties and instructions in a diligent and logical manner with moderate amounts of supervision.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to multi-task
• Demonstrate communication capabilities that promote participation, education and information sharing, while setting high personal and departmental deliverables.
• Familiarity and experience with standard laboratory instruments, Microbiology testing methods and Sensory panels.
Responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
• Propose and formulate innovative products, processes, and technologies to Godshall’s continued growth.
• Conduct experimentation using a designed approach to validate formulations, processes at the bench and pilot scale before entering production.
• Trouble shoot the problems in projects, come up with the suggestions and Discuss with R&D Food science director.
• Develop independent insights to improve R&D process.
• Attend production runs, as needed.
• Package and ship samples and other duties as assigned.