Godshall’s Quality Meats is an expanding employee-owned company producing premium smoked meat products for the US and international markets. We are currently looking for a 2nd shift Maintenance Mechanic to join our team.!! PAY ranges based on experience.
The primary responsibility of the Electronics/Controls Technician will be to work with and assist other technicians with the installation, repair, and troubleshooting of electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment. As competence is gained, increased accountability of work assignments and degree of difficulty follows. The long-term goal is to provide exposure to the total maintenance department activities that include the use of electrical motors, control systems, and instruments.
Duties and responsibilities-
- Performs all work in conformance with safe work practices of lockout / tagout
- Helps to build and promote a strong “Teamwork” environment
- Demonstrate self-motivational drive in learning new technologies as they apply
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Communicate appropriately with the operators, mechanics, other electricians, engineers, supervisors and Plant leadership
- Experience working with “CMMS” Computerized maintenance management system software preferred
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Diagnose malfunctioning system, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Ability to connect to a PLC and read basic ladder logic and do basic PLC programming
- Backup and manage machine software
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits and read electrical schematics/blueprints
- Be able to work under pressure to diagnose problems
- Perform PM's on equipment
- Perform necessary jobs work orders
- Complete paperwork/computer work as needed
- Develops the habit and practice of documentation of work which may result in changes to parameters, circuits, components, configuration, or orientation of an electrical/electronic device for future reference by self and others
Qualifications * High school diploma or GED
- Tests, maintains, calibrates, programs and/or troubleshoot (with the appropriate test equipment) instrumentation and controls system components and peripheral devices utilizing schematics, vendor manuals and procedures.
- Ability to perform trouble shooting and basic programming on a wide variety of PLC/HMI Platforms (Allen-Bradley, Redlion, Unitronics, Omron PLCs preferred.)
- VFD/Servo set up and basic operations
- Strong computer background including PC hardware, experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand schematics, utilize PC and PLC for diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Have experience with AC/DC voltages ranging from 5 to 480 volts.
- Have experience with electrical wiring in accordance with the National Electric Code
- Experience with Instrumentation, motor, and process controls (Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.)
- The electronics control technician must be able to work extended hours and mandatory overtime when required, a schedule which can include alternating weekends, and in an environment that is wet /damp and temperatures vary from hot to cold.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and function effectively in a demanding environment
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted).
- Ability to perform physical activities bending, standing, climbing or walking.
Requires employee to be on their feet most of the day. Must be able to lift, pull, push, and move equipment up to 50 lbs. Good hand and eye coordination.
Godshall's offers opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, and a generous benefits package including: health insurance with dental coverage, vision reimbursement, basic life insurance, and prescription drug coverage as well as 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location