2nd shift Maintenance Mechanic- Lebanon, PA
Godshall's Quality Meats is a local rapidly growing family run company that produces various meat products sold in the US and world markets.
Godshall’s is looking to find a qualified Technician to work on our PM Maintenance during the overnight hours and will be responsible for the in-house Preventative / Predictive maintenance program, including but not limited to: greasing, oil changes, adding water to batteries, replacing belts, aligning sheaves and motors, replacing bearings, etc. A PM technician will also be required to respond to emergency calls in a timely manner, troubleshoot breakdowns and implement repairs as needed. All tasks will be performed following all safety guidelines while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
To repair and maintain the facility and machinery effectively to reduce downtime and keep production running in a proactive atmosphere. Our goal is to minimize unscheduled downtime through predictive and preventative maintenance while working safely and following procedures and GMP’s to maximize efficiencies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Answer calls on the radio from production to repair equipment that is down in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot equipment to diagnose and repair issues
- Communicate with room leads and supervisor
- Perform routine preventative and predictive maintenance according to schedule
- Listen to, and visually inspect machines and create work orders for repairs
- Utilize maintenance software to create and close out work orders
- Maintain and repair facility
- Machine setup and changeovers
- Coordinating with sanitation to complete work in rooms
- Blade sharpening
- Ordering parts for machinery and facility
- Completing assigned work orders on time
- Working with production and management to improve efficiencies where possible
- High school diploma or GED
- Understand different oils and greases and their uses
- Know how to change bearings, sprockets, chains, seals, gaskets
- General mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Basic electrical knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to complete assigned work orders without supervision (Self- performing)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move up to 50lbs
- Experience using various hand and power tools
- Work mandatory overtime when needed
- Willing to work in a cold, wet environment
- Effective communication skills verbal and written, with production, management and sanitation
- Work independently and as a team member
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work with maintenance software to provide documentation of activities
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude
- Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment for extended periods of time.
- Work in a hot environment for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work mandatory weekends, mandatory overtime and come in during unscheduled time if needed
- Must be able to handle high pressure, fast pace, and challenging situations while maintaining a positive attitude
- Standing/walking for extended periods
- Pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, lifting
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.