2nd Shift Plant Manager – Lebanon
Godshall's Quality Meats is an expanding family run company producing various meat & poultry products sold in the US and world markets. Godshall’s is looking for a 2nd shift Plant Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process.
- Initiates and fosters a spirit of cooperation with all the departments and company.
- Completes production plan by communicating with supervisors on scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; resolving problems.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Provides manufacturing information by analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Ability to read and understand routine financial statements and budgets.
- Abide by all company policies and safety and operating procedures.
- Plan and facilitate meetings with supervisors and direct reports and work with HR to recruit, coach and discipline employees.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have knowledge and understanding in food and/or meat processing, quality assurance programs, GMPs, SQF and HACCP.
- 3 years’ experience working in the meat/poultry or food processing industry.
- Ability to train, motivate and supervise personnel in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to recognize problem situations and take appropriate resolution steps.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Must have basic Mathematical skills.
- Communicate in a professional manner.
- Must have proficient computer and Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel skills.
- Knowledge in SAGE program is a plus.
- Must be able to work in teams and be self-motivated.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Work mandatory overtime, including Saturdays as determined by customer demands.
Working conditions will include extended periods in cold, wet environment requiring the use of protective clothing. Exposure to an environment that undergoes extreme temperature changes, from very hot to very cold. Fast paced environment working with heavy meat processing/packaging equipment.
Must be able to perform extensive walking and standing throughout the shift on a daily basis, and may need to lift up to 50 lbs
Benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with employer match and profit sharing plan, ESOP, along with employee discounts on products.