2nd Shift Quality Assurance Technician – Telford
Godshall's Quality Meats is a rapidly expanding family owned company that produces various meat products sold in the US and world markets. We are looking for a 2nd Shift Quality Assurance Technician to join our team. HOURS for this position are approximately 3:30pm - 1:30am, Monday through Friday plus Saturdays as needed. PAY ranges based on experience.
Godshall's offers opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, and a generous benefits package including: health insurance, with dental coverage, and prescription drug coverage as well as 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for assisting in all aspects of monitoring and verification activities for HACCP, SQF, and other food safety and quality programs. This team member must have sufficient knowledge and understanding of food safety and quality assurance systems, their purpose, and the importance of maintaining these programs. The team member must be confident and capable of working within a quality team structure handling daily assignments both independently and inter departmentally between quality assurance and production team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct HACCP and SQF related monitoring and verification activities including: product control checks, product audits, product and room temperature checks, cooking and chilling CCP verification, pest control observations, pre-shipment reviews, microbiological swabbing, and other processing procedural checks.
· Maintain and review HACCP, SQF, and other program monitoring records and documentation to ensure all program documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
· Perform overall monitoring of SOPs including performing record reviews and deviation investigations when necessary.
· Support quality assurance and production process and manufacturing improvement projects.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Must have basic knowledge and understanding in food and/or meat processing, quality assurance programs, GMPs, SQF and HACCP.
· 1 to 3 years’ experience working in the meat/poultry or food processing industry preferred.
· Must have proficient computer skills and be able to independently write reports, manage Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and be able to be trained in Microsoft Access database usage.
· Must be able to work in teams and be self-motivated.
· Communicate in professional manner.
· Ability to understand or speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
· Must be able perform extensive walking and standing throughout the shift on a daily basis, and may need to lift or carry heavy objects upstairs and possibly long distances.
· Mandatory overtime hours including some weekends and occasional holidays may be required. Working conditions will include extended periods in cold and wet meat processing or packaging environments requiring the use of protective clothing.
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE. APPLY TODAY.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.