2nd Shift – Warehouse Associate/ Forklift Operator
Godshall's Quality Meats is an expanding family run company that produces various meat products sold in the US and world markets. We are currently looking for a Warehouse Associate and Fork Lift Operator to join our team! HOURS for this position are approximately 3:30pm - 1:30am. PAY ranges based on experience.
Godshall's offers opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, and a generous benefits package including: health insurance with dental coverage, vision reimbursement, basic life insurance, and prescription drug coverage as well as 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation.
The Warehouse Associate / Fork Lift Operator performs a combination of tasks to prepare customer orders for shipment including: Operates various types of material handling equipment through all areas of the warehouse to collect product from racking and other storage areas. Builds a stable pallet containing a variety of shapes and sizes. Reads shipping orders to review products being selected and evaluate the way to build the pallet to coordinate with delivery schedules. Labels each customer order and reviews order for completion.
- Must be able to follow direction from manager and team leads, must be committed to being a part of the warehouse team and working together.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Minimum requirement of a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Must pass all pre-employment physical screening
- Must pass a drug and alcohol screening
- Able to work independently in a fast paced warehouse operation and learn product locations. Work experience in warehouse and food manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experienced with RF devices, pallet jack, “walkie” and high reach material handling equipment.
- Must be able to frequently lift 1-75 lbs.
- May provide back-up assistance driving shuttle truck as needed; valid driver’s license and clean driving history preferred.
- Constant standing and/or walking up to 10 hours daily.
- Constant bending and twisting while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items from floor or lower shelf areas.
- Frequent lifting 1-75 lbs.
- Frequent reaching.
- Constant use of both hands and arms: reaching and grasping.
- Constant use of visual and hearing abilities required to perform essential job functions and maintain warehouse safety standards.
- Constant climbing on and off pallet jack, forklift and/or high reach
- Ability to work in extreme cold temperatures on a daily basis
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE. APPLY TODAY.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.