1st Shift FSQA Team Lead
Job Title: 1st Shift FSQA Team Lead
Reports to: QA ManagerSchedule 5:00am – approx. 3:30pm Monday through Friday plus mandatory Saturdays as needed
The Quality Assurance Team lead helps with assisting in all aspects of monitoring and verification activities for HACCP, SQF, and other food safety and quality programs. This team member must have sufficient knowledge and understanding of food safety and quality assurance systems, their purpose, and the importance of maintaining these programs. The team member must be confident and capable of working within a quality team structure, handling daily assignment both independently and inter departmentally between quality assurance and production team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has the ability to lead people and handle problems when they arise, and relay any employee issues to the Smokehouse Supervisor.
- Conduct HACCP and SQF related monitoring and verification activities including: product control checks, product audits, product and room temperature checks, cooking and chilling CCP verification, pest control observations, pre-shipment reviews, microbiological swabbing, and other processing procedural checks.
- Maintain and review HACCP, SQF, and other program monitoring records and documentation to ensure all program documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Perform overall monitoring of SOPs, including performing record reviews and deviation investigations when necessary.
- Support quality assurance and production process and manufacturing improvement projects.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensure employees are following proper GMP’s and food safety plans, while also ensuring employee’s safety.
- Ensure and evaluate product quality.
- Must have good decision-making skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience and Education:
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish and English) Preferred
- Ability to work mandatory overtime, flexible hours, holidays and weekends required
- Acts as a positive role model by demonstrating desirable behaviors; patience, tolerance, listening skills
- Is respectful of other employee’s time, opinions and decision-making skills
- Is encouraging and supportive, but also able to offer constructive guidance to help employees grow
- Exhibits a genuine concern for employee welfare
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Effective communication skills with different levels within the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding in food and/or meat processing, quality assurance programs, GMPs, SQF and HACCP.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working in the meat/poultry or food processing industry preferred.
- Must have proficient computer skills and be able to independently write reports, manage Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and be able to be trained in Microsoft Access database usage.
- Must be able to work in teams and be self-motivated.
- Communicate in professional manner.
- Ability to understand or speak Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to perform extensive walking and standing throughout the shift on a daily basis, and may need to lift or carry heavy objects upstairs and possibly long distances.