2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic – Lebanon
To repair and maintain the facility and machinery effectively to reduce downtime and keep production running in a proactive atmosphere. Our goal is to minimize unscheduled downtime through predictive and preventative maintenance while working safely and following procedures and GMP’s to maximize efficiencies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Answer calls on the radio from production to repair equipment that is down in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot equipment to diagnose and repair issues
- Communicate with room leads and supervisor
- Perform routine preventative and predictive maintenance according to schedule
- Listen to, and visually inspect machines and create work orders for repairs
- Utilize maintenance software to create and close out work orders
· Maintain and repair facility
· Machine setup and changeovers
· Coordinating with sanitation to complete work in rooms
· Blade sharpening
· Ordering parts for machinery and facility
· Completing assigned work orders on time
· Working with production and management to improve efficiencies where possible
High school diploma or GED
- Understand different oils and greases and their uses
- Know how to change bearings, sprockets, chains, seals, gaskets
- General mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Basic electrical knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to complete assigned work orders without supervision (Self- performing)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move up to 50lbs
- Experience using various hand and power tools
- Work overtime when needed
- Willing to work in a cold, wet environment
- Effective communication skills verbal and written, with production, management and sanitation
- Work independently and as a team member
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work with maintenance software to provide documentation of activities
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude
- Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment for extended periods of time.
- Work in a hot environment for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work weekends, mandatory overtime and come in during unscheduled time if needed
- Must be able to handle high pressure, fast pace, and challenging situations while maintaining a positive attitude
- Standing/walking for extended periods
- Pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, lifting
List by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
The company reserves the right to revise or change this job description as the need arises. This job description does not constitute any written or implied contract of employment.