Entry Level Maintenance Mechanic – 2nd Shift Telford
Godshall's Quality Meats is an expanding family run company that produces various meat products sold in the US and world markets. We are currently looking for a Packaging Machine mechanic, who will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of packaging as well as working on processing equipment and building related equipment (e.g. boilers, air compressors, water softeners, pumps, etc)
To be successful at Godshall's Quality Meats, you need to be committed to being part of a team that is producing the highest quality meat products and is ever mindful of a food safe environment.
This position will be responsible for equipment maintenance and repairs, the majority of work will be repairing packaging / production equipment. This technician will be required to respond to emergency calls in a timely manner troubleshooting breakdowns and implementing solutions. All tasks will be performed following OSHA and company safety guidelines while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Packaging and Meat Processing Equipment Mechanic:
- Work with senior mechanics, learning the operation and how to repair (how and why)
- Work with the parts department to ensure all required parts are in stock
- Perform some routine preventive and predictive maintenance according to schedule
- Must be dedicated to learning a trade
- Ability to reference machine manuals and interpret trouble shooting guide
- Minimum of 1 year mechanical experience
- High school degree or GED
- Must be able to lift, pull, push, and move equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Must have computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Provide proper documentation of daily maintenance activities utilizing a work order program
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with coworkers, management, production and sanitation
- Perform equipment inspections
- Work overtime when required
- Work as a team member
- Ability to work in a refrigerated / wet environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical school, degree or certificate program
- Strong understanding of electrical theory and safety (NFPA 70E)
- Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of equipment based on industrial process controls, PLC’s, in process equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic systems and complete repairs
- Ability to read electrical schematics and drawings
- Strong knowledge of industrial electromechanical systems
- Have experience working in a food processing plant
- Understanding of HACCP along with SOP,s and working in a GMP environment Must have basic electrical trouble shooting skills and the ability to read electrical schematics
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching and profit sharing plan. APPLY TODAY.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.