Entry Level Refrigeration Mechanic – 1st Shift Telford
Godshall's Quality Meats is an expanding family run company that produces various meat products sold in the US and world markets. We are currently looking for a Refrigeration / Machine mechanic, who will be responsible for the plant refrigeration as well as working on processing and packaging equipment.
To be successful at Godshall's Quality Meats, you need to be committed to being part of a team that is producing the highest quality meat products and is ever mindful of a food safe environment.
This position will be responsible for Refrigeration maintenance 80% of the time, the remainder will be working on production / packaging equipment. This technician will also be required to respond to emergency calls in a timely manner troubleshooting breakdowns and implement repairs as needed. All tasks will be performed following safety guidelines while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Refrigeration maintenance:
- Solid understanding of refrigeration preventive maintenance (how and why)
- Understand different refrigerants, their uses and proper disposal
- Perform routine preventive and predictive maintenance according to schedule
- Must have and maintain a Universal Refrigerant Licenses
- Technical school, degree or certificate program
- High school degree or GED
- The ability to work with refrigeration contractor
- Must be able to lift, pull, push, and move equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Must have computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Provide proper documentation of daily maintenance activities utilizing a work order program
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with coworkers, management, production and sanitation
- Perform equipment inspections
- Work overtime when required
- Work as a team member and work independently
- Ability to work in a refrigerated / wet environment
- Understanding of lock out, tag out (LOTO)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of electrical theory and safety (NFPA 70E)
- Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of equipment based on industrial process controls, PLC’s, in process equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic systems and complete repairs
- Ability to read electrical schematics and drawings
- Ability to reference machine manuals and interpret trouble shooting guide
- Strong knowledge of industrial electromechanical systems
- Strong troubleshooting Skills
- Have experience working in a food processing plant
- Understanding of HACCP along with SOP,s and working in a GMP environment
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching and profit sharing plan. APPLY TODAY.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.