Godshall's Quality Meats is an employee-owned company producing premium smoked meat products for the US and international markets located in Telford, PA.
The 2nd Shift FSQA Supervisor coordinates and supervises plant quality control and food safety policies and procedures. All while maintaining the highest standards from incoming raw materials through different departments. Additionally, the 2nd Shift FSQA Supervisor facilitates governance over day-to-day food safety processes, daily pre-operational food safety audits and traceability documentation. Supervises personnel on 2nd shift and possibly third shift personnel if overlapping occurs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary job duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for implementing quality assurance programs and procedures for 2nd shift.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, state and plant food safety and sanitary regulations.
- Schedule and supervise hourly QA personnel; maintain headcounts and work hours within budgetary guidelines.
- Determine and administer corrective actions in the event of specification deviations.
- Maintain plant quality and food safety records.
- Responsible for training in areas of HACCP, SQF, SOP's, GMPs, Safety, Food Safety, SPC or other areas as designated by QA Manager.
- Assist in customer and vendor audits.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional team projects.
- Generate quality and food safety reports for management.
- Ensure all SQF departmental requirements are met and follow up with corrective actions when needed.
- Maintain QA lab equipment and supplies as needed to support day-to-day operations.
- Audit effectiveness of traceability documentation management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reliable, comes to work every day and arrives to work on time
- Listens to employees and is empathetic as well as keeping a standard
- Comes prepared to contribute
- Works to the best of their ability
- Accepts constructive feedback
- Team player
Minimum Qualifications required to successfully perform the job include:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to have a flexible work schedule (some weekend work or different shifts are required).
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Supervisory and Training skills.
- Working experience with Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP)
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Knowledge of related Federal and State regulations
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Database Software (Access) required.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of related experience in the food industry, with 1-3 years of supervisory experience in a quality assurance lab or plant QA Department.
- Food Science or related area.
Exposure to an environment that is wet, very humid and undergoes extreme temperature changes, from very hot to very cold. Fast paced environment working with heavy meat processing equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 10-50 pounds.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to work in cold conditions.
Godshall's offers opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, and a generous benefits package including: health insurance, dental and vision, basic life insurance, and prescription drug coverage as well as 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability