HR Generalist – Lebanon PA
Godshall's Quality Meats is an expanding family run company producing various meat products sold in the US and world markets. We are currently looking for an HR Generalist for our Lebanon Plant.
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance.
Duties and responsibilities
· Provide support to employees and managers in the handling of all human resource related activities which may include: employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, communication and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
· Supports and serves as a liaison between employees and management
· Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and all other complaints.
· Provide counsel to employees and management to maintain a productive and positive work environment, including development planning, coaching, etc.
· Conduct employee investigations as needed and ensure timely and responsible resolutions.
· Resolve employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings (corrective action), Performance Improvement Plans.
· Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
· Manage recruitment activities such as placing employment ads, attending job fairs, processing pre-employment testing and checks, and tracking the selection of applicants.
· Responsible for assisting in the onboarding process for new employees.
· Administration of company benefits; including new benefits' enrollment, open enrollment process and manage appropriate medical and FMLA leaves of absence.
· Run ad hoc reports related to HR metrics.
· Update and maintain employee information in employee files.
· Update and maintain HRIS systems.
- Strong communications skills: interpersonal, oral and written
- Must be able to work with all levels of associates and management within the organization
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
- Human Resource experience should include familiarity with and experience in recruitment, associate relations, associate communications, and leave of absence laws
- High level of discretion/confidentiality.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Management or comparable discipline, or related field experience preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus
- 3-5 years of related experience as a generalist, preferably in a manufacturing environment with strong employee relations skills.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, Investigation Skills, HR technical knowledge in EEO, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and employee relations.
Majority of work is performed in an office environment
Exposure to a Manufacturing Plant Environment and temps of 35 degrees when needed
Ability to have a flexible schedule and support 3 shifts.
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation. APPLY TODAY.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.