Maintenance Supervisor – 2nd/3rd shift
Godshall's Quality Meats is an expanding family run company that produces various meat products sold in the U.S. and world markets. We are looking for an experienced maintenance supervisor to join our team.
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching and profit sharing plan. APPLY TODAY.
Under the direction of Maintenance Manager or other appropriate management staff, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and machinery equipment as it relates to Godshall’s Quality Meats.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds, leads and develops a team of approximately 15 maintenance technicians by using a high level of supervision skills that promote open communication, a high level of interpersonal abilities, and strong problem solving abilities in order to drive future company goals as well as cultivating innovation and improvement.
- Supervises and assigns the work of maintenance employees and parts department staff.
- Inspects work for completeness.
- Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used. Transfers equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary.
- Maintaining employee time records and files.
- Coordinates or installs, inspects, repairs and maintains the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems.
- Coordinates or inspects, operates and maintains the heating, cooling and ventilation systems (including boiler system).
- Is in charge of and is to schedule work with all outside contractors as it pertains to the machinery / facility.
- The job requires you to build and train a team of mechanics that can work together to achieve a great working environment, where your team is always working on constant improvement of self, knowledge of equipment, and knowledge of the process.
- Is responsible for both first, second, third shift operations as it pertains to the maintenance of equipment and facility.
- Is required to do yearly evaluations of the team members that work for you.
- Works closely with other manager/supervisors to maintain a healthy relationship in the working environment.
- Is responsible for documentation of all PM records, PIP program, state inspection certifications of equipment (boiler, compressed air tanks, etc), 3rd party audits.
- Is on call 24 / 7
- Expected to look for cost savings in parts cost / savings, increasing machine efficiencies, production efficiencies.
- Is responsible for keeping the facility and machinery in a safe operating condition.
- This job description is to outline the job duties but is not limited only to these duties as new opportunities are presented.
- High level of supervisory and management skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- High school degree or GED
- The ability to complete assigned work without supervision (self-performing)
- Must be able to lift, pull, push, and move equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Must have computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Provide proper documentation of daily maintenance activities utilizing a work order program
- Perform equipment inspections
- Work overtime when required
- Work as a team member and work independently
- Ability to work in a refrigerated / wet environment
- Understanding of lock out, tag out (LOTO)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical school, degree or certificate program
- Strong understanding of electrical theory and safety (NFPA 70E)
- Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of equipment based on industrial process controls, PLC’s in process equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic systems and complete repairs
- Ability to read electrical schematics and drawings
- Ability to reference machine manuals and interpret trouble shooting guide
- Strong knowledge of industrial electromechanical systems
- Strong troubleshooting Skills
- Have experience working in a food processing plant
- Experience with CMMS systems (MPulse)
- Understanding of HACCP along with SOPs and working in a GMP environmentWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time