LOVE: Treat Everyone as Equals, Take an Active Role in Developing Others, and Attack the Issue Not the People.
INSPIRATION: Be Humble, Celebrate Victories, Share your Vision, and Express the Purpose.
TRUST: Show Confidence in Others, Encourage Decision Making, Promote Ideas.
The Product Integration Specialist will be responsible for creating and maintaining product data and documentation within our many databases, as well as providing customer support. This will include:
- Item set up and roll out.
- Data management and clean up.
- Document/form administration and department support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Product Integration Team to set up all new product ranges/label updates in the system to support the New Product Rollout process.
- Maintain all assigned projects within the allotted timeline, and communicate with the appropriate teams when changes occur.
- Perform maintenance on internal systems to ensure the product data and information is current and accurate; as well as verifying new data entered into the system is consistent in its format.
- React promptly to all system updates and maintenance requests from the Product Integration
Manager and associated teams (R&D, Labeling, Sales, and Production).
- Manage our product specifications program; including updates, custom requests, and SQF
- Host biweekly/monthly New Product Roll Out meetings to inform the team of project status.
- Reliable comes to work every day and arrives to work on time.
- Comes prepared to contribute.
- Works to the best of their ability.
- Accepts constructive feedback.
- Team player.
- Quick learner.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience in system data maintenance.
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight timelines.
- Pays attention to detail but is aware of the overall big picture.
- Proactive and self‐motivated with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong team player who can work with a diverse team, as well as independently.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, OneNote, and Outlook.
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred. This will allow for easy communication with the production floor.
- Knowledge or experience with SAGE, CAT2, ZOHO, Bartender, LabelPaq, and NiceLabel preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate effectively via email and telephone.
90% at the office, 5% remote/traveling to sister plant or headquarters,and 5% in the plant.
For the 5% in the plant, the working person should be able to lift weights of up to 40 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location