The Production Team Lead assists the Processing Supervisor in the areas of employee safety, food safety, grinding, stuffing and formulation of meat products to produce a safe quality product.
Schedule: 2nd Shift - 3:30 pm to End of Production (approx. 1:30 am) Monday – Friday plus Saturdays when needed
Starting Rate: $18.00 Pay ranges based on experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assisting Supervisor with monitoring all production lines to ensure that all lines are running efficiently on a daily basis.
- Build and maintain good relationships that provide good feedback on all areas of work performance.
- Assist with daily training and follow up on product SOP’s and formulation on one injection line and two finding/stuffing lines, assuring accuracy and consistency on all products produced.
- Provide feedback to supervisor on employee’s work performance and enforce all safety and processing procedures to keep a safe work environment.
- Must have knowledge and understanding in food and/or meat processing, quality assurance programs, GMPs, SQF and HACCP.
- 1-year experience working in the meat/poultry or food processing industry.
- Must have proficient computer and Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel skills.
- Must be able to work in teams and be self-motivated.
- Communicate professionally.
- Must have basic Mathematical skills.
- Work mandatory overtime, including Saturdays, as determined by customer demand.
Occasional mandatory Saturdays may be required. Working conditions will include extended periods in a cold and wet meat processing environment, requiring the use of protective clothing.
Must be able to perform extensive walking and standing throughout the shift on a daily basis, and may need to lift up to 50 lbs.
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.