Quality Control / Quality Assurance Technician – 2nd Shift Telford
HOURS for this position are 3:30pm to approximately 2:00am (or when packaging department work is completed), Monday through Friday, plus mandatory Saturday’s as required during busy season.
** PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS WHEN APPLYING **
The 2nd Shift Quality Assurance / Control Technician is responsible for ensuring compliance with all Food Safety and Food Quality programs in the Packaging Department. The quality auditor monitors product-specific quality attributes and ensures customer and internal quality expectations are met.
- Perform Line audits, QA audits, pull shelf-life retains, verify quality of packed product and warehouse finished product.
- Ability to conduct meetings and communicate clearly any findings in front of management team.
- Assists in collection and review for accuracy all paperwork, pull FOSS sampling, HACCP awareness, pre-requisite and SQF/SSOP programs.
- Collects, labels, groups and properly stores samples.
- Conducts routine tests required to ensure the quality and safety of the product.
- Enters, records and reports test results.
- Collects and inputs data on paperwork and/or in excel files accurately and communicates significant changes in results and trends to the Quality Assurance and Shift Supervisors and assists in problem solving efforts.
- Ability to write SOP’s a plus.
- Candidates must also demonstrate advanced computer skills and vast knowledge in Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel.
- Constantly works in a production, wet, damp, cold environment, frequently has exposures to manufacturing plant environment, and occasionally has exposures to outdoors and lab environment.
- Frequently deals with highly confidential information
- Occasionally works mandatory overtime.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Constantly lifts up to 10 pounds, may frequently lift up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Listens, frequently uses hearing perception.
- Frequently stands, walks, talks, reaches, and/or uses repetitive hand motions.
- Close proximity to moving, mechanical parts.
- Consistently exposed to and working in cold temperatures
- Works on feet, walking, standing majority of shift
- Works amongst loud machinery or equipment noise.
BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- OR background in Quality Assurance/Control preferred.
- Computer skills required.
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation. APPLY TODAY.
We are an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.