Sanitation Supervisor – 2nd shift Telford, PA
Godshall’s Quality Meats is an expanding family run company that produces various meat products sold in the US and world markets. We are currently looking for a Sanitation Supervisor to join our team in Telford, PA. Hours for this position are 7:00pm to the completion of assigned sanitation duties, approximately 5:00am, Monday through Friday plus weekend work based on customer demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- Supervision of daily operations of the Sanitation Department.
- Adhering to and understand all operating procedures in accordance with the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), and GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Assign sanitation associates tasks and duties both inside and outside the facility including cleaning plant machinery, surfaces and floors while using high pressure water hoses, scrubbers, squeegees and chemicals as needed.
- Inspect/supervise sanitation work in progress and on completion.
- Monitor, supervise and train associates on chemicals usage for correctness and safety while maintaining updated chemical lists and ensuring safe chemical storage and security.
- Promote established safety programs, safe operating procedures, and all company policies and procedures while monitoring employee compliance.
- Oversee the frequent inspection of plant for traces of pests and to ensure standards of cleanliness are met.
- Work in wet and cold temperatures at 35 degrees.
- Complete daily and weekly administrative paperwork.
- Assists with employee training including training for new employees and periodic review training for current employees.
- Promote and maintain good employee relations.
- Conducts performance reviews, administers and participates in disciplinary and termination action conjunction with the plant manager.
- Performance of other duties as assigned which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Experience, Skills, Abilities and Education:
- Manufacturing experience, preferably in food/manufacturing facility.
- Supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in food/manufacturing facility.
- Basic data entry and computer experience including Microsoft Office programs.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Constantly stand/walk for 8 hours + shift, required.
- Continually push/pull/lift up 50 lbs. frequently if required.
- Work mandatory overtime, including weekends
- Exposure to an environment that is wet, very humid, and undergoes extreme temperature changes, from very hot to very cold.
- Fast paced environment working with heavy meat processing equipment.
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation. APPLY TODAY.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.