Smokehouse Operator – 3rd Shift Telford
The Smokehouse Operator performs all functions relating to the cooking, curing, and cooling of cooked product. Loads product into and removes product from ovens. Follows set cooking programs to allow product to cure and cook. Performs product testing to ensure product complies with food safety requirements and meets product specifications. Performs basic sanitation functions. Completes documentation and carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Set oven controllers to correct program indicated in product specifications
- Load auxiliary equipment with material and ingredients
- Load carts of raw product into the smokehouses
- Monitor oven cycles and product through testing samples
- Perform various tests at required intervals such as PH tests on in-process and finished product, fat and moisture levels, etc. Complete documentation at required intervals according to company practice
- Report detected inconsistencies to supervisors, quality assurance personnel, or managers
- Empty carts of cooked product into chill cooler
- Empty cinder and ash from smoke generators as needed
- Sanitize designated drains, floors, and equipment at required intervals
- Complete documentation as required throughout the process after cleaning
- Monitor work environment for general food safety hazards such as condensation monitoring, etc.
- Assist with production as required
- The perfect candidate must have a Math aptitude, have computer knowledge and be proficient in Microsoft programs.
- General knowledge of Smokehouse Operations preferred, but training is available.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to work in extreme environments, including refrigerated and excessive heat. Must be able to repeatedly lift over 25 lbs. Must be able to push/pull levered weights between 25 and 1,000 lbs. Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, reach, and grasp routinely throughout shift.
- Other Physical Requirements:
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as earplugs, hairnet, beard-net, protective safety eye wear, cut resistant glove, slip resistant shoe ware, hard hat, etc.
Work is performed primarily in an environment where temperatures can vary depending on season, and coolers are refrigerated between 32-50 degrees. There is a moderate level of noise. Flooring can be very slippery at times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.