Smokehouse Manager- Lebanon PA
Godshall's Quality Meats is an expanding family run company producing various meat products sold in the US and world markets. We are currently looking for Smokehouse Supervisor to join our team. HOURS: Daytime / MUST have a flexible schedule
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
· Maintains staff by selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
· Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process and making sure all products have reached their CCP.
· Initiates and fosters a spirit of cooperation within the department and company.
· Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
· Ensures and evaluates product quality.
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
· Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Provides manufacturing information by analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
· Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
· Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent.
· 1-2 years of leadership experience.
· Math Aptitude
· Computer knowledge with proficiency in Microsoft programs
· Ability to train, motivate and supervise personnel in a fair and consistent manner.
· Ability to recognize problem situations and take appropriate resolution steps.
· Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
· Must be able to work extended hours, weekends and occasional holidays as needed.
· Must be able to work in wet and cold temperatures at 35 degrees.
· Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
· Smokehouse knowledge a plus.
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation. APPLY TODAY.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.